Proposed changes to local council arrangements in Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury areas.
Bradford Council has received a valid petition from a group of local residents asking to dissolve the current Parish Council and create two new Parish Councils. However, before this can be progressed, Bradford Council has to undertake a consultation (known as a Community Governance Review) to ensure that all residents have a chance to have their say.
Further information on town/parish/community councils, what they are and what they do can be found in the fact sheet and the Good Councillor's Guide below. A copy of the formal Community Governance Review Terms of Reference is also available below.
To help Bradford Council reach a decision on whether the changes to Parish Council arrangements should be carried out, we need to hear the views of local people. We encourage you therefore to get in touch. You can do this in a number of ways:
· Online, through our survey
· By emailing us at email@example.com
· By writing to us using the following address details:
· On the front of the envelope please write only FREEPOST BRADFORD COUNCIL (the new Royal Mail system requires no further address details)
· On the back of your envelope please write Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury – local Councils review
The consultation will last until 26 August 2022 after which a decision will be made.
We very much hope you will take the opportunity to help us decide whether changes to the current Parish Council arrangements should be made.