We want Bradford Council to:
• Undertake a full review of the current strategy for
tackling fly tipping.
• Reverse the cut in the street cleansing budget.
• Work with West Yorkshire Police to crack down on vehicles being used to illegally dump waste
• Develop a programme to raise the awareness to communities of how waste and in particular, large household items can be either recycled of disposed of easily. This should also include the environmental and enforcement consequences of not doing so.
• Clamp down on landowners that leave derelict sites to become magnets for fly tipping by taking the relevant enforcement action.
• Assess whether the current permit system for waste centres is contributing to the fly tipping problem.
• Make funding available for mobile and fixed cameras to catch culprits.
• Explore avenues for funding to be raised – for example a community fund with contributions from business in Bradford District – many of who are bearing the cost of clearing illegally dumped waste from their premises.
• Assess whether community collection hubs for bulky waste would reduce domestic waste being fly tipped.
This ePetition ran from 14/03/2019 to 01/07/2019 and has now finished.
96 people signed this ePetition.