Venue: Committee Room 1 - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
A. PROCEDURAL ITEMS
ALTERNATE MEMBERS (Standing Order 34)
The City Solicitor will report the names of alternate Members who are attending the meeting in place of appointed Members.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 14 June 2022 be signed as a correct record (previously circulated).
(Yusuf Patel – 01274 434579)
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Yusuf Patel - 01274 434579)
B. BUSINESS ITEMS
APPOINTMENT OF STRATEGIC DIRECTOR PLACE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COUNCIL'S CONSTITUTION AND PAY POLICY STATEMENT
The Chief Executive will submit a report (Document “C” – REPORT TO FOLLOW) which seeks approval from Staffing Committee to delegate to an Appointments Panel the authority to appoint to the position of Strategic Director Place in accordance with the Council’s Constitution and Pay Policy Statement.
That Staffing Committee approve the proposals:
(1) To appoint to the position of Strategic Director Place in accordance with the Council’s Constitution and Pay Policy Statement.
(2) To delegate to an Appointments Panel, the responsibility to appoint to the position of Strategic Director Place and that the Panel comprise three Elected Members (two Labour and one Conservative) with the membership to be on the nomination of the Leader of Council and Leader of the Conservative Group (and shall include at least one Member of Executive).
(Anne Lloyd - 07976 163200)
Please note that under Para 9.4 of Part 3B of the Council’s Constitution an explanation of the reasons will be provided by the Human Resources Director as to why this report was not available at the time of the publication of the agenda. The item of business shall only be taken if the chair of the meeting considers that, by reason of special circumstances, the item should be considered as a matter of urgency.