Venue: Ernest Saville Room - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Fatima Butt / Jill Bell - 01274 432227/01274 434580
ALTERNATE MEMBERS (Standing Order 34)
The City Solicitor will report the names of alternate Members who are attending the meeting in place of appointed Members.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 4 September 2019 be signed as a correct record (previously circulated).
(Jill Bell – 01274 434580)
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Jill Bell- 01274 434580)
REFERRALS TO THE OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
To consider referrals have been made to this Committee up to and including the date of publication of this agenda.
The Committee is asked to note the referrals and decide how it wishes to proceed, for example by incorporating the item into the work programme, requesting that it be subject to more detailed examination, or refer it to an appropriate Working Group/Committee.
The report of the Strategic Director of Children’s Services (Document “H”) provides a requested update on the plans to meet the needs of Young Carers within the Bradford District. The Young Carers Service is a commissioned service which meets the Council’s statutory duty to provide an assessment for Young Carers, as well as providing other resources following assessment.
The Carers Resource was successful in gaining the new tender from 1st April 2019 and this report is an update of their progress to date.
Previous reports have been presented; the last one was on 13th February 2019.
(1) That the Overview and Scrutiny receive the report for information, note the progress and support continued development in our jointly commissioned service.
(2) That the Committee continue to receive annual reports from the service and that these are scheduled for June 2020 to give the service time to report on a full year of activity.
(Cath Dew – 01274 437949)
That a further report be presented to this Committee at the meeting on Wednesday 15 April 2020 which focuses specifically on:
(a) Progress being made against key performance indicators.
(b) The new model for providing support to young carers.
ACTION: Strategic Director of Children’s Services
The Strategic director of children’s Services will present a report (Document “I”)that provides the Committee with a progress update in respect of improvements identified within the Ofsted Improvement Plan, namely:
Ofsted monitoring visit preparation, progress and continued challenge
That the contents of Document I be noted.
(Paul Findlay – 07967 682575)
(1) That representatives from the Improvement Board be requested to attend future meetings of the Committee and inform members of progress or otherwise in all areas of the Vital Signs report.
(2) That future reports to this Committee contain detailed information relating to the five programmes under the “Getting to Good”, improvement measure.
(3) That a report relating to the structures and effectiveness of Child Adult Mental Health Services, (CAMHS), be presented to this Committee.
ACTION: Strategic Director of Children’s Services
The report of the Chair of the Committee (Document “J”) includes the Children’s Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee work programme for 2019/20.
(1) That members consider and comment on the areas of work included in the work programme.
(2) That members consider any detailed scrutiny reviews that they may wish to conduct.
(Mustansir Butt – 01274 432574)