Contact: Su Booth - 07814 073884
A. PROCEDURAL ITEMS
ALTERNATE MEMBERS (Standing Order 34)
The City Solicitor will report the names of alternate Members who are attending the meeting in place of appointed Members.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
REFERRALS TO THE OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Any referrals that have been made to this Committee up to and including the date of publication of this agenda will be reported at the meeting.
B. OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY ACTIVITIES
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Asad Shah - 01274 432280)
This report (Document “M”) of the Strategic Directors of Health and Wellbeing, Children’s Services and the Interim Strategic Director of Place follows a motion at full Council in asking for the approach to School Streets and Play Streets to be explored by Bradford Council across three key services: Health and Wellbeing, Place and Children’s Services
(1) The Regeneration and Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee notes the report.
(2) That a future report be presented to the Regeneration and Environment Overview and Scrutiny on completion of the pilots to give details of their delivery, experiences of the schools and community and realisation of the outcomes and provide details of a Play Streets Policy.
(Sarah Possingham & Andrew Smith & Michael Bunting
Phone:07582 100244, 07582 102287, 07970 828949)
This report (Document “N”) of the Interim Strategic Director, Place provides a brief overview of progress to deliver the Council’s crematoria investment programme and requests the committee, in line with Council Contracts Standing Order 4.7.1, to note the intended procurement process in excess of £2m to construct the first new crematorium in Heaton.
That the Committee:
(1) Notes the progress made to date on delivering the crematoria investment programme within the Council’s Bereavement Services Strategy.
(2) Notes the intended procurement process to be adopted for construction of a new crematorium at Heaton at a value in excess of £2m.
(Phil Barker – 01274 432616)