Venue: Committee Room 1 - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Palbinder Sandhu
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Palbinder Sandhu - 01274 432269)
That the Minutes of the meeting held on 28 November 2017 be signed as a correct report (previously circulated)
(Palbinder Sandhu – 01274 432269)
Previous Reference: Joint Health and Social Care and Children’s Services Minute 9 (2017/18)
At a joint meeting of the Health and Social Care and Children’s Services Overview and Scrutiny Committees on 28 November 2017 the Director of Strategy, Bradford Districts Clinical Commissioning Group presented a report (Document “A”) which provided an update on the progress of Bradford’s Children and Young People’s Future in Mind local transformation plan since last reported to the Committees in October 2016.
It was resolved -
(1) That the young people be thanked for their excellent contribution to the meeting.
(2) That the Committee recognises the progress made in meeting the emotional and mental wellbeing needs of young people through the delivery of the Future in Mind transformation plan.
(3) That as part of their roles Committee Members support and promote the work to improve emotional and mental wellbeing of young people.
(4) That the success of the Buddying Scheme be welcomed and that officers be requested to explore the possibility of extending the “Buddying Period” beyond the current 12 weeks.
(5) That the Committee request that the Children’s Trust Board invites the young people to present a report to them in the near future around bullying.
(6) That young people be invited to a joint meeting of the Committee in six months time.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships (NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, Bradford and Craven) will present a report (Document “A”) that provides an update on the progress to improve the mental wellbeing of children and young people in Bradford, since the last report in November 2017.
That the Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committee are invited to:
a. Reflect on the progress made to date.
b. To continue to support the work of the Future in Mind delivery group
c. To identify a champion from the Committee to join our delivery group.
(Sasha Bhat – 01274 237537)
That the Committee:
(1) Thanks all the young people for their presentations at the meeting.
(2) Welcomes the progress made to date to improve the mental wellbeing of children and young people in the district.
(3) Welcomes the work of the Future in Mind Delivery Group.
(4) Receive further information on how young people express their concerns to peers/mentors and how that information is disseminated.
(5) Nominates Councillor Humphreys and Councillor Peart as Champions to join the Future in Mind Delivery Group.
(Sasha Bhat – 01274 237537)