Venue: Ernest Saville Room - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Yusuf Patel
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
In the interest of transparency Members and Officers declared that they knew some of the candidates that had applied to the post of the Strategic Director Place.
ACTION: City Solicitor
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Jane Lythgow - 01274 432270)
There were no appeals submitted by the public
to review decisions to restrict
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
That the public be excluded during consideration of the recruitment documentation to be considered by the Appointment Panel when
short listing, assessing and interviewing for the post of Strategic Director Place on the grounds that it contains both confidential information and exempt information within Paragraphs 1 (Information relating to an individual) and 2 (information identifying an individual) of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended) and the public interest in applying this exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
The Chief Executive will submit a report (Document “B”) which asks Members to consider, in accordance with the Council’s Officer Employment Procedure Rules, applications received for the advertised position of Strategic Director, Place, select a short list of qualified applicants and agree to assess and interview those included on the short list.
(1) That Members consider applications received and select a short list of qualified applicants and agree to assess and interview those included on the short list.
(2) That Members consider progress made on the recruitment process so far and agree the final stage of the recruitment process including specific elements of the formal assessment, stakeholder panels and interview process including elements around timetabling and presentation/interview questions.
(Anne Lloyd - 01274 437335)
Please note that you will receive the shortlisting documents via email from HR and paper copies will be circulated on the day of the meeting. If you have problems accessing the shortlisting documents please ring Shabana Asghar – 01273 432018.
The Chief Executive submitted a
report (Document “B”) which asked
(1) That Members considered the applications received and selected a short list of qualified applicants and agreed to assess and interview those included on the short list.
(2) That Members considered progress made on the recruitment process so far and agreed the final stage of the recruitment process including specific elements of the formal assessment, stakeholder panels and interview process including elements around timetabling and presentation/interview questions.
ACTION: Human Resources Director