Venue: Committee Room 3 - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Jane Lythgow
A. PROCEDURAL ITEMS
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Jane Lythgow - 01274 432270)
B. BUSINESS ITEMS
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
That the public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the item relating to the appointment to the post of Strategic Director Children’s Services on the grounds that it is likely in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if they were present, exempt information within Paragraphs 1 (information relating to an individual) and 2 (information identifying an individual) of Section 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended), would be disclosed and it is considered that, in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in applying these exemptions outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
The Chief Executive will submit a report (Document “B”) which asks Members to consider, in accordance with the Council’s Officer Employment Procedure Rules, applications received for the advertised position of Strategic Director, Children’s Services, select a short list of qualified applicants and agree to assess and interview those included on the short list.
(1) That the Appointment Panel considers applications received, selects a short list of qualified applicants and agrees to assess and interview those included on the short list.
(2) That the Appointment Panel considers and agrees the final stage of the recruitment process including specific elements of the formal assessment and interview process including elements around timetabling and presentation/interview questions.
(Michelle Moverley - 01274 437883)