Venue: Committee Room 2 - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Yusuf Patel
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
No disclosures of interest in matters under consideration were received.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Yusuf Patel - 01274 434579)
There were no appeals submitted by the public to review decisions to restrict documents.
The Chief Executive will submit a report (Document “B”) which seeks approval from Staffing Committee to appoint to the position of Director of Finance in accordance with the Council’s Constitution and Pay Policy Statement, as well to appoint an Appointments Panel to be given delegated responsibility to appoint to the position of Director of Finance.
That Staffing Committee approve the proposals:
(1) To appoint to the position of Director of Finance in accordance with the Council’s Constitution and Pay Policy Statement.
(2) To delegate to an Appointments Panel the responsibility to appoint to the position of Director of Finance and that the Panel comprise three Elected Members (two Labour and one Conservative) with the membership to be on the nomination of the Leader of Council and Leader of the Conservative Group (and shall include at least one Member of Executive).
The report of the Chief Executive (Document “B”) sought approval from Staffing Committee to appoint to the position of Director of Finance in accordance with the Council’s Constitution and Pay Policy Statement, as well as seeking approval to give delegated responsibility to an Appointments Panel to appoint to the position of Director of Finance.
The Head of Human Resources stated that the post of Director of Finance was a key post in leading the finance and procurement services of the Council, as well as acting as the statutory Section 151 Officer for the Council. She added that a tender process had already taken place for a search and selection consultant to assist with this appointment and thus Proventure Consulting will be overseeing the process, and an indicative timetable will be drawn up in due course.
The Head of Human Resources also alluded to the salary package for the post in accordance with the Council’s published Pay Policy Statement.
During a brief discussion it was alluded that the Leader, Deputy Leader (or other Labour nomination) and Councillor Mike Pollard will make up the membership of the Appointments Panel, and it was therefore:
(1) That the appointment to the position of Director of Finance be approved in accordance with the Council’s Constitution and Pay Policy Statement.
(2) That an Appointments Panel be given delegated responsibility to appoint to the position of Director of Finance and that the Panel comprise three Elected Members (two Labour and one Conservative) with the membership as follows:
Labour: Councillors Hinchcliffe and Councillor Imran Khan (or other nomination)
Conservative: Councillor Mike Pollard
ACTION: Head of Human Resources