Venue: The Council Chamber
A. PROCEDURAL ITEMS
ALTERNATE MEMBERS (Standing Order 34)
The City Solicitor will report the names of alternate Members who are attending the meeting in place of appointed Members.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from Members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the Member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 24 June 2021 be signed as a correct record.
(Yusuf Patel – 07970 411923)
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Sheila Farnhill - 01274 432268)
B. BUSINESS ITEMS
MEMBERSHIP OF SUB-COMMITTEES
That the following membership change be approved:
(i) That Councillor Humphreys replaces Councillor S Akhtar as a Member of the Area Planning Panel (Keighley & Shipley)
Any further changes will be reported at the meeting.
(Yusuf Patel– 07970 411923)
The Assistant Director (Planning, Transportation & Highways) will submit a report (Document “F”) which sets out an application for Outline Planning Permission with all matters reserved for the residential development of up to 40 dwellings on land at the former site of Foreside Mill, Halifax Road, Denholme.
(1) That outline planning permission be granted subject to the conditions set out at Appendix 1 to Document “F”, and subject to the completion of a Section 106 Legal Agreement to secure:
25% affordable housing provision
4,475m2 open space provision
£26,000 contribution for the provision of bus shelters at bus stop references 23539 and 23540.
(2) That the application be referred to the Secretary of State for Housing Communities and Local Government under the provisions of the Town and County Planning (Consultation) (England) Direction 2021.
(3) If the Secretary of State confirms that he does not intend to intervene then the Assistant Director (Planning, Transportation and Highways) be authorised to issue the grant of planning permission.
(Adam Cayton - 01274 43 4497)