Venue: Council Chamber - City Hall, Bradford
Contact: Jane Lythgow
ALTERNATE MEMBERS (Standing Order 34)
The City Solicitor will report the names of alternate Members who are attending the meeting in place of appointed Members.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Jane Lythgow - 01274 432270)
REFERRALS TO THE OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Any referrals that have been made to this Committee up to and including the date of publication of this agenda will be reported at the meeting.
The report of the of the Bradford District and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group and Bradford Metropolitan District Council (Document “H”) provides a joint update on the local arrangements in place for responding to safeguarding concerns from Cygnet Hospitals Health Care, Bradford.
(1) Members are asked to consider and comment on the information provided within the report.
(2) Members are asked to receive assurance against the safeguarding actions taken at place in relation to Cygnet.
(3) Members may wish to consider inviting a national Cygnet Health Care representative to attend a future Health and Social Care Overview and Scrutiny Committee meeting.
(Iain MacBeath - 01274 432990)
(Michelle Turner - 01274 237707)
(1) That a report on the implementation of the new ‘Host Commissioner’ arrangements be added to the Committee’s 2022/3 programme of work;
(2) That the assurance against the safeguarding actions taken in relation to Cygnet be welcomed.
Action: Overview and Scrutiny Lead
(Caroline Coombes – 01274 432313)
General practices continue to support the Covid-19 pandemic in delivering the vaccination programme as well the new Covid-19 booster programme. Practices continue to take mitigating actions in line with national guidance to ensure both staff and patient are kept safe, and practices can continue to deliver, high quality care for their registered population.
The report of the NHS Bradford District and Craven CCG (Document “I”) provides an overview on the Restoration and Recovery of General Practice aligned to national guidance.
Even with the success of the vaccination programme, Covid-19 remains prevalent and presents an ongoing risk to the health and wellbeing of our communities. We acknowledge the tremendous efforts our General Practice and system partners are making to retain ongoing safe delivery of primary care services.
Members of the Health and Care Overview Scrutiny committee are asked to:
Note the contents of this report as assurance of the continuation of the safe delivery of care by GP practices during Covid-19 and the steps towards Restoration and Recovery of primary care in line with the NHS 2021/22 priorities and operational planning guidance for October 2021 to March 2022, published 30 September 2021.
(Parveen Akhtar – 07795 346286)
(1) That the contents of Document “I” as assurance of the continuation of the safe delivery of care by GP practices during the Covid-19 pandemic and the steps towards Restoration and Recovery of primary care in line with the NHS 2021/22 priorities and operational planning guidance for October 2021 to March 2022 published 30 September 2021 be noted;
(2) That a further report be provided in 12 months’ time.
ACTION: Overview and Scrutiny Lead
(Caroline Coombes – 01274 432313)
The Committee receive a report (Document “J”) of the work programme 2021/22.
That the Committee notes the information in Appendix A,
(Caroline Coombs – 01274 432313)
No resolution was passed on this item