Venue: Ernest Saville Room - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Fatima Butt - 01274 432227
A. PROCEDURAL ITEMS
ALTERNATE MEMBERS (Standing Order 34)
The City Solicitor will report the names of alternate Members who are attending the meeting in place of appointed Members.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 22 April 2021 be signed as a correct record (previously circulated).
(Fatima Butt – 01274 432227)
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Fatima Butt - 01274 432227)
B. BUSINESS ITEMS
The Director of Finance will submit Document “A” which reports that this Council is required by regulations issued under the Local Government Act 2003 to produce an annual treasury management review of activities and the actual prudential and treasury indicators for 2020-21. The report meets the requirements of both the CIPFA Code of Practice on Treasury Management, (the Code), and the CIPFA Prudential Code for Capital Finance in Local Authorities, (the Prudential Code).
During 2020-21 the minimum reporting requirements were that Council should receive the following reports:
· an annual treasury strategy in advance of the year (Council 08/12/2020)
(Due to the cancellation of Full Council meetings in March and May the 2020-21 strategy went to the next available Full Council meeting)
· a mid-year (minimum) treasury update report (Council 08/12/2020)
· an annual review following the end of the year describing the activity compared to the strategy (Document “A”).
That the report be noted and referred to Council for adoption at the next available meeting.
(David Willis – 01274 432361)
(Lynsey Simenton – 07582 102779)
The role of the Pension Board, as defined by sections 5(1) and (2) of the Public Service Pensions Act 2013 is to assist the Council as Scheme Manager in ensuring the effective and efficient governance and administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
The Director of West Yorkshire Pension Fund will submit Document “B which reports on the minutes of the WYPF Pension Board meeting held on 23 March 2021.
That the minutes of the West Yorkshire Pension Fund Pension Board meeting held on 23 March 2021 be considered and noted.
(Caroline Blackburn – 01274 434523)
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
That the public be excluded from the meeting during the
consideration of the items relating to minutes of the West
Yorkshire Pension Fund Investment Advisory Panel meeting
held on 29 April 2021 because the information to be considered is exempt information within paragraph 3 (Financial or Business Affairs) of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972. It is also considered that it is in the public interest to exclude public access to this item.
MINUTES OF WEST YORKSHIRE PENSION FUND INVESTMENT ADVISORY PANEL HELD ON 29 APRIL 2021
The Council’s Financial Regulations requires the minutes of meetings of the WYPF be submitted to this Committee.
In accordance with this requirement, the Director of West Yorkshire Pension Fund will submit Not for Publication Document “C” which reports on the minutes of the meeting of the WYPF Investment Advisory Panel held on 29 April 2021.
That the minutes of the West Yorkshire Pension Fund Investment Advisory Panel held on 29 April 2021 be considered.
(Rodney Barton – 01274 432317)