Venue: Council Chamber - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Jill Bell / Yusuf Patel
A. PROCEDURAL ITEMS
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Jill Bell / Yusuf Patel - 01274 434580 434579)
RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE EXECUTIVE
To note any recommendations to the Executive that may be the subject of report to a future meeting. (Schedule to be tabled at the meeting).
(Jill Bell / Yusuf Patel - 01274 434580 434579)
B. STRATEGIC ITEMS
LEADER OF COUNCIL & CORPORATE
The Director of Finance will submit a report (Document “AI”)which sets out the update on budget decisions and Council Tax including new proposals for consultation with the public, interested parties, staff and Trade Unions for 2022-23.
It is recommended that Executive, having considered the Council’s public
sector equality duty as set out above:
(1) Approve for consultation as required with the public, interested parties, staff and Trade Unions the proposed Council Tax and Social Care precept for 2022/23 set out at in section 3.5 to 3.7. to Document “AI”.
(2) Approve for consultation as required with the public, interested parties, staff and Trade Unions the proposed one off Council Tax support initiatives for 2022/23 as set out in section 3.9 and 3.10 to Document “AI”.
(3) Approve for consultation as required with the public, interested parties, staff and Trade Unions amendments to previously agreed savings proposals for 2022/23 set out in section 3.14 to Document “AI”.
(4) Approve for consultation as required with the public, interested parties, staff and Trade Unions the one off investments to address existing pressures as set out in section 3.17 to Document “AI”.
(5) Approve for consultation as required with the public, interested parties, staff and Trade Unions the recurring investments as set out in section 3.18 to Document “AI”.
(6) Note the proposed use of reserves as set out in section 3.21 and 3.22 to Document “AI”.
(7) Approve for consultation the proposed new capital schemes as set out in section 4.11 and 4.12 to Document “AI”.
(8) Approve the consultation mechanisms and processes set out in section 5 to Document “AI”.
Overview & Scrutiny Area: Corporate
(Andrew Cross - 07870 386523)
The Chief Executive will submit a report (Document “AJ”) which provides Executive with a summary of the Council’s overall achievements in the first six months of the 2021/22 municipal year. Alongside this is an overview of performance against the Council’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the first six months of 2021/2022. This overview focuses on measures where there has been new, comparable data since the update provided at July’s Executive Committee.
That the baseline of the key performance indicators in the 2021/25 Council Plan be noted.
Overview & Scrutiny Area: Corporate
(Laura Copley – 01274 437381)
C. PORTFOLIO ITEMS
REGENERATION, PLANNING & TRANSPORT PORTFOLIO
The Strategic Director Place will submit a report (Document “AK”) which presents the findings of the latest ILR and makes recommendations on whether existing improvement lines should be retained, amended or revoked. The ILR also considered the need for new improvement lines to be declared for new highway improvement schemes within existing capital programmes or emerging strategic plans and details of these are provided in the report appendices.
(1) That Executive approve:
a) as per attached Appendix 1 to Document “AK”, Schedule A those HILs for which the declared alignment should continue to be protected;
b) as per attached Appendix 1 to Document “AK”, Schedule C those HILs which are no longer required due to their associated schemes being delivered are discharged from the register of improvement lines;
(2) That Executive approve for initial consultation with affected property owners in accordance with the requirements of section 73 and Schedule 9 of the Highways Act 1980:
a) those lines as per attached Appendix 1 to Document “AK”, Schedule B for which the Highway Improvement Line will be protected subject to the following modifications:
i) Item B.1 - Green Lane / Otley Road revoke drawing H/22323/5B and replace with drawing HS/N.22323/5C;
ii) Item B.2 – Sticker Lane South / Dudley Hill revoke drawing N/24311/DL-13A and replace with drawing PTH/HS/104824/GA2-1A;
iii) Item B.3 – Silsden Eastern bypass revoke drawing N/24328/DL-1A and replace with drawing N/24328/DL-1B;
iv) Item B.4 – Station Road / Bridge House Lane, Haworth revoke drawing T/47224/TN/17A and replace with drawing T/47224/TN/17B;
v) Item B.5 – Thornton Road / Cemetery Road revoke drawing 2237 and replace with drawing 60600564-ACM-GEN-THR-DR-CH-001;
vi) Item B.6 – Great Horton Road / All Saints Road / Horton Park Avenue revoke drawing N/22334/1B and replace with PTH/HS/103886/100/GA-1A;
vii) Item B.7 – Great Horton Road / Cross Lane revoke drawing N/22333/1B and replace with drawing HS/103814/OPT14/004A; and
viii) Item B.8 – Carlisle Road / Toller Lane / Whetley Hill revoke drawing H/23339/OPT-3a and replace with drawing PTH/HS/103813/TOL/100/GA-1C.
b) As per attached Appendix 1 to Document “AK”, Schedule C those schemes for which the Highway Improvement Line should be revoked.
c) As per Appendix 1 to Document “AK”, Schedule D those new highway improvement lines as follows:
i) Item D.1 – West Bradford Cycle Superhighway shown on drawing(s) HS/104973/HIL-1A;
ii) Item D.2 – Denholme bypass A629 to Keighley Road shown on drawing(s) HS/105197/HIL-1A;
iii) Item D.3 – Steeton / Silsden A650 / A6034 cycle route shown on drawing(s) STSJ/ARP/00/XX/DR/CX/1003.
(3) That authority be delegated to the Strategic Director of Place, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder to make any necessary amendments to proposed improvement lines to deal with responses from the consultation.
(4) That following completion of the statutory consultation period a further report be presented to Executive to formally adopt the proposed lines consulted upon and to formally revoke those lines no longer to be prescribed.
(5) That a further review of Highway Improvement Lines be undertaken following the adoption of ... view the full agenda text for item 6.
The Strategic Director Place will submit a report (Document “AL”) which provides an update to the Executive in relation to the Towns Fund; setting progress to date and key milestones.
Executive is recommended to:
(1) Acknowledge the work and thank the Town Deal Boards for their ongoing commitment and progress to date;
(2) Delegate authority to the Director of Finance & IT, as the S151 Officer in consultation with the Strategic Director of Place, the City Solicitor and the Leader, to approve and submit the business cases to Government, the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) - formerly known as MHCLG, the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government;
(3) Delegate authority to the Director of Finance & IT in consultation with the Strategic Director of Place to authorise expenditure from the advance payment of 5% capital funds for business case and project development and agree to passport some of this funding via grant agreements to third party organisations to help develop those projects where appropriate or necessary;
(4) Endorse the assurance process for agreeing/authorising business cases for individual projects as set out in this report;
(5) Delegate authority to the Director of Finance & IT in consultation with the Strategic Director of Place, the City Solicitor and the Leader to approve business cases for individual projects; and
(6) Delegate authority to the Director of Finance & IT in consultation with the City Solicitor to agree and complete the funding agreements with organisations that will deliver Town Deal projects for the Towns Fund programme.
Overview & Scrutiny Area: Regeneration and Environment
(Lorraine Wright 07970 730328)
MINUTES OF THE WEST YORKSHIRE COMBINED AUTHORITY
To receive the minutes of the meeting(s) of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority held on 7 September 2021 (Link to Minutes).