Venue: Council Chamber - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Adrian Tumber
A. PROCEDURAL ITEMS
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) In relation to Agenda Item 7A to approve the following recommendations contained in the report of the Monitoring Officer (Document “T”) to grant a dispensation to all Members who have certain Disclosable Pecuniary Interests listed in Appendix A to the report, as defined in the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012, in the decision to approve the budget and to set the level of Council Tax and Business Rates for 2019/20 and 2020/21 during the Budget Council meetings on 21 February 2019 and 20 February 2020.
1. Grants a dispensation to the Members of the Authority who have requested one, to enable them to participate in full in the decision to approve the budgets for 2019/20 and 2020/21 and to set the Council Tax and Business Rates for 2019/20 and 2020/21.
2. Approves the dispensation for a period of two years until 20 February 2020.
3. Notes the Monitoring Officer’s advice that personal interests that may give rise to a perception of a conflict of interest shall not prevent Members from speaking and voting at the Budget meetings.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members have also disclosed interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity (as listed in Appendix B to the report). Any other interests may be disclosed prior to, or at, the meeting.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 15 January 2019 be signed as a correct record (previously circulated).
(Adrian Tumber – 01274 432435)
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
WRITTEN ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE LORD MAYOR
(To be circulated before the meeting).
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Adrian Tumber - 01274 432435)
B. BUSINESS ITEMS
MEMBERSHIP OF COMMITTEES AND JOINT COMMITTEES
To consider any motions (i) to appoint members to a Committee or a Joint Committee; or (ii) to appoint Chairs or Deputy Chairs of Committees (excluding Area Committees).
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE EXECUTIVE AND COMMITTEES
The Executive at its meeting on 19 February 2019 will make recommendations to Council on the Budget for 2019/20 and 2020/21.
The following reports are submitted:
(i) The Council’s Revenue Estimates for 2019/20
The report of the Director of Finance provides details of the Council’s Revenue Estimates for 2019/20 and proposals for 2020/21 (Executive Document “AZ”). This report may require updating following the meeting of the Executive on 19 February 2019.
(Tom Caselton – 01274 434472)
(ii) Allocation of the Schools’ Budget 2019/20 Financial Year
The report of the Director of Finance presents and seeks approval of the recommendations of the Schools Forum in allocating the Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG) for 2019/20 (Executive Document “BA”).
(Andrew Redding – 01274 432678)
(iii) The Council’s Capital Investment Plan for 2019/20 to 2022/23
The report of the Director of Finance proposes the Capital Investment Plan for 2019/20 to 2022/23 (Executive Document “BB”). This report may require updating following the meeting of the Executive on 19 February 2019.
(Lynsey Simenton/James Hopwood – 01274 434232/2882)
(iv) 2019/20 Budget Proposals and Forecast Reserves - Section 151 Officer Assessment
The report of the Director of Finance (Executive Document “BC”) sets out the S151 Officer’s assessment of the proposed budget for the financial year 2019/20, the adequacy of the forecast level of reserves and associated risks. The assessment of the Executive’s recommendations to Council on the budget may require updating following the meeting of the Executive on 19 February 2019.
(Andrew Crookham – 01274 433656)
(v) Consultation Feedback and Equality Assessments for the 2019/20 Council Budget and proposals for the 2020/21 Council budget
The report of the Assistant Director, Office of the Chief Executive, appendices and addendum provide feedback from the public engagement and consultation programme and sets out a summary of the equality assessments carried out on the Executive’s Budget proposals for 2019/20 and 2020/21 (Executive Document “AR”). There is particular reference to the Council’s responsibilities under equality legislation to enable the Council to have due regard to the Public Sector Equality Duty when considering the Executive’s recommendations to Council on a budget for 2019/20 and proposals for 2020/21 budget.
(Kathryn Jones – 01274 433664)
(vi) Interim Trade Union Feedback on the Council’s Budget Proposals for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 Council Budget
The report of the Director of Human Resources and appendices provide interim feedback from the Council’s Trade Unions on the Council’s budget proposals for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 Council budget (Executive Document “AS”).
(Michelle Moverley – 01274 437883)
In view of the short timescale between the Executive on 19 February and the meeting of Council on 21 February the budget recommendations from the Executive to Council will be e-mailed to all Members of Council following the Executive on 19 February and will be published on the Council’s website at www.bradford.gov.uk . The recommendations will also be circulated at this meeting of Council.
In order to comply with Government Investment Pooling Guidelines it is necessary for The Administering Authority (AA) of the West Yorkshire Pension Fund to enter into an agreement with Tameside and Wirral Metropolitan Borough Councils as the AAs of the two other pension funds making up the Northern Pool.
That the Northern Pool Joint Governance CommitteeAgreement, Not For Publication Appendix A to Governance and Audit Committee Document “AA”, be approved to ensure it is operational by 1 April 2019, and the Director of the West Yorkshire Pension Fund be authorised in consultation with the City Solicitor to amend it as expedient or necessary and put in place any ancillary documentation.
(Rodney Barton – 01274 432317)
ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS