Venue: Council Chamber - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Yusuf Patel - 01274 434579)
REFERRALS TO THE OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
The following referrals have been made to this Committee up to and including the date of publication of this agenda.
The Committee is asked to note the referrals listed above and decide how it wishes to proceed, for example by incorporating the item into the work programme, requesting that it be subject to more detailed examination, or refer it to an appropriate Working Group/Committee.
The Strategic Director, Place will submit a report (Document “P”) which provides an update on the implementation of the Armed Forces Covenant locally and report on progress made by the Bradford District Armed Forces Covenant Partnership and the Council in identifying and addressing need within the local Armed Forces Community.
The report also provides an overview of the West Yorkshire Armed Forces Covenant Implementation Project and notes expected legislative changes to the Armed Forces Covenant expected later this year.
To note and comment on the contents of the progress report on the Bradford District Armed Forces Covenant and the work of the Bradford District Armed Forces Covenant Partnership to meet the needs of the local Armed Forces Community.
(Gemma Paine - 01274 437573)
This committee requests that a further report be presented in 12 months, which also focuses on:
- Impacts of the expected legislative changes;
- Development in relation to the Armed Forces Hub;
- The work being provided through the Health Service.
(Gemma Paine – 01274 437573)
The Director of Finance will submit a report (Document “Q”) which provides Members with an update on the forecast year-end financial position of the Council for 2021-22.
It examines the latest spend against revenue and capital budgets and the forecast year-end financial position based on information at Qtr 2. It states the Council’s current balances and reserves and school balances.
That the Corporate Overview & Scrutiny Committee review and comment on the Qtr 2 Finance Position Statement for 2021-22.
(Andrew Cross - 07870 386523)
Members of the Committee thanked officers for the report and looked forward to receiving the Third Quarter Financial Position Statement.
(Andrew Cross – 07870 386523)
The Strategic Director of Corporate Resources will submit a report (Document “R”) which sets out a summary of the progress made by the Council in partnership with IMPOWER since the commencement of the new IMPOWER contract on the 1st September 2020.
(1) The Committee to note the content of this report.
(2) The Committee to note the progress made on the transformation projects and the benefits being realized.
(3) The Committee to not the completion of the required works and successful handover by IMPOWER.
(Chris Chapman - 01274 433656 / Marium Haque - 01274 431078 /
Iain MacBeath - 01274 432900 & Ian Day - 01274 433507)
Councillors thanked officers for the report and the work undertaken.
(Chris Chapman – 01274 433656)
The Chair of the Committee will submit a report (Document “S”) which presents the Committee’s work programme for 2021/22.
(1) That Members consider if they wish to choose to add to or amend the topics included in the 2021-22 work programme.
(2) That Members consider any detailed scrutiny reviews that they may wish to consider.
(Mustansir Butt - 01274 432574)
Members agreed the consultation arrangements, in relation to the Domestic Violence Scrutiny Review.
(Mustansir Butt – 01274 432574)