Venue: Virtual Remote Meeting
A. PROCEDURAL ITEMS
ALTERNATE MEMBERS (Standing Order 34)
The City Solicitor will report the names of alternate Members who are attending the meeting in place of appointed Members.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Yusuf Patel - 01274 434579)
REFERRALS TO THE OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
The following referrals have been made to this Committee up to and including the date of publication of this agenda.
The Committee is asked to note the referrals listed above and decide how it wishes to proceed, for example by incorporating the item into the work programme, requesting that it be subject to more detailed examination, or refer it to an appropriate Working Group/Committee.
B. OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY ACTIVITIES
The Strategic Director Corporate Resources will submit a report
(Document “G”) will submit a report which seeks to inform members of a
forthcoming procurement and award of new contract(s) for Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) and Corporate Uniform for a term of three years
from 12th December 2020 to 11th December 2022, with an option of a one-
year extension, subject to satisfactory performance of the appointed
That the report is noted and the option to undertake the procurement exercise and publish the PPE and Corporate Uniform framework as an open competitive tender is supported.
(Ian Westlake - 07971 540171)
The Assistant Director, Office of the Chief Executive will submit a report (Document “H”) which provides the final annual progress update on the Council’s current Equality Action Plan and outlines how the Council has delivered against its Equality Objectives for 2016-20. The report also presents for consultation drafts of the Council’s Equality Objectives for 2020-2024 and a draft Equality Action Plan.
The report acknowledges that whilst there were some areas where the Council has made good progress, there are others where the Council still has more to do and this needs to be embedded as part of the revised Equality Objectives and Equality Plan.
Committee is asked to:
(1) Accept and comment on the final progress update on the current Equality Objectives 2016-20 as provided in section 3 to Document “H” at 3.2.
(2) Comment on the proposed draft Equality Objectives and Equality Action Plan 2020-24 referred to in Document “H” in section 3 at 3.8 and contained in Appendix 2.
(3) Comment on the proposed actions to further progress development of the Equality Objectives as outlined in section 3 to Document “H” from 3.3.11 to 3.3.17 and contained in Appendix 2.
(4) Subject to comments and amendments made by this Committee being reflected in the draft Equality Objectives and Equality Plan and to the proposed actions to support further progress on developing the Equality Objectives 2020-24, recommend that Executive approve the proposals contained within this report.
(5) That Members request a progress update on the Equality Objectives 2020-24 in 12 months’ time and annually thereafter.
(Philip Witcherley - 01274 431241/434401)
The Chair of the Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee will submit a report (Document “F”) which sets out the Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee work programme for 2020/21.
(1) That members consider and comment on the areas of work included in the work programme.
(2) That members consider any detailed scrutiny reviews that they may wish to conduct.
(Mustansir Butt - 01274 432574)