Venue: Committee Room 1 - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Jill Bell/Jane Lythgow/Farzana Mughal
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Jane Lythgow - 01274 432270)
The Interim Assistant Director, Waste, Fleet and Transport Services will present a report (Document “P”) which presents an application for the grant of a Premises Licence for the sale of alcohol for consumption on and off the premises, the provision of regulated entertainment and the provision of late night refreshment at Massey’s, 87 Westgate, Bradford BD1 2RD.
Members are invited to consider the information and documents referred to in this report and determine what action should be taken.
(Melanie McGurk – 01274 431873)
That having considered all valid representations made by the parties to the hearing; valid written representations received during the statutory period, the published statement of licensing policy and relevant statutory guidance; the panel grants the application as applied for with the following conditions:
· That noise from amplified and non-amplified music, singing and speech arising from regulated entertainment at the premises shall not be audible at the nearest noise sensitive premises.
· That the premises license holder shall ensure that the external areas around the perimeter of the premises are kept clear of litter and refuse.
· No licensable activities shall take place at the premises unless or until a CCTV system (with satisfactory internal and external coverage) of a standard acceptable to and to the written satisfaction of West Yorkshire Police and the Licensing Authority has been installed at the premises. The approved CCTV shall be maintained in good working order and used at all times the premises remain open to the public for licensable activities. Any CCTV footage shall be kept for at least 28 days and be available to the Licensing Authority or a Responsible Authority on request.
Reason – It is considered that the above conditions are necessary to ensure compliance with the Prevention of Crime and Disorder objective and the Public Nuisance objective of the Licensing Act.
ACTION: Interim Director, Waste, Fleet and Transport Services