Venue: the Banqueting Hall - City Hall, Bradford. View directions
Contact: Jill Bell/Jane Lythgow/Tracey Sugden
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Members Code of Conduct - Part 4A of the Constitution)
To receive disclosures of interests from members and co-opted members on matters to be considered at the meeting. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.
An interest must also be disclosed in the meeting when it becomes apparent to the member during the meeting.
(1) Members may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest or an interest which the Member feels would call into question their compliance with the wider principles set out in the Code of Conduct. Disclosable pecuniary interests relate to the Member concerned or their spouse/partner.
(2) Members in arrears of Council Tax by more than two months must not vote in decisions on, or which might affect, budget calculations, and must disclose at the meeting that this restriction applies to them. A failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence under section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(3) Members are also welcome to disclose interests which are not disclosable pecuniary interests but which they consider should be made in the interest of clarity.
(4) Officers must disclose interests in accordance with Council Standing Order 44.
INSPECTION OF REPORTS AND BACKGROUND PAPERS
(Access to Information Procedure Rules – Part 3B of the Constitution)
Reports and background papers for agenda items may be inspected by contacting the person shown after each agenda item. Certain reports and background papers may be restricted.
Any request to remove the restriction on a report or background paper should be made to the relevant Strategic Director or Assistant Director whose name is shown on the front page of the report.
If that request is refused, there is a right of appeal to this meeting.
Please contact the officer shown below in advance of the meeting if you wish to appeal.
(Jane Lythgow - 01274 432270)
The Interim Assistant Director Waste, Fleet and Transport Services will present a report (Document “E”) which outlines an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence for the provision of late night refreshment to take place indoors and outdoors.
Members are invited to consider the information and documents referred to in Document “E” and, after hearing interested parties, determine the related application.
(Melanie McGurk – 01274 431873)
That, having considered all valid representations made by the parties to the hearing; valid written representations received during the statutory period; the published statement of licensing policy and relevant statutory guidance, the Panel grants the application subject to the following condition:-
· That the licensee shall ensure that all external areas around the perimeter of the premises are kept clear of litter and refuse
Reason – it is considered the above condition is necessary to promote the prevention of public nuisance licensing objective.
(Melanie McGurk – 01274 431873)