Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That having considered the Medium-Term Financial Strategy as an assessment of the Council’s financial outlook to 2026-27, and a framework for it to seek to remain financially viable and deliver sustainable public services, in line with its priorities, that the updated Medium Term Financial Strategy report and appendices (Document “R”) be approved.
(2) That the Executive instructs the Chief Executive to draft an emergency financial improvement plan which will help bridge the financial gap the Council and the Bradford Children’s and Families Trust is facing.
(3) That the Executive will receive regular updates and budget proposals to address the financial gap prior to setting a budget for 2024-25 in February 2024.
(4) That the Council continues its dialogue with Government regarding the financial gap, particularly with regards to Bradford Children’s and Families Trust.
(5) That the Council publishes a new financial plan after the Government’s intentions regarding local authority finance are clearer. This should be after the Government’s Autumn budget announcement which is taking place on 22nd November 2023.
To be actioned by: Director of Finance
Overview and Scrutiny Committee: Corporate
(Andrew Cross – 01274 436823)
Publication date: 08/11/2023
Date of decision: 07/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/11/2023 - Executive