Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
· The recent pandemic and the effects it has had on the lives, health and wellbeing of the citizens of the Bradford district and looks forward to the strongest possible recovery.
· Council repeats its thanks for the work of all its officers and staff, partner organisations and volunteers in dealing with the unprecedented situation.
· Council believes that we should review the district’s response to the pandemic to learn what went well, and what less so, in order to be prepared for any similar threats in the future, and to identify residual problems and long term effects needing to be addressed as we move out of the current crisis.
· Council instructs the Health and Wellbeing Board to commission such a review, focusing on areas where the council and partners had some freedom to make choices, but including the results of external factors such as legislation.
· We will then send the findings from our district to the national inquiry into the country’s Covid response as and when the Government starts the exercise.
ACTION: Director of Public Health / Chief Executive / City Solicitor (Referral to Health & Wellbeing Board)
Publication date: 16/07/2021
Date of decision: 13/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 13/07/2021 - Council