Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the number of Band D equivalent properties for 2021-22 for the whole of the Bradford Metropolitan District is fixed at 142,000 (as set out in Appendix A, line 12 of Document “CY”).
(2) That the Council Tax Base for 2021-22 for each Parish (set out in Appendix B to Document “CY”) be approved.
(3) Further that Bradford’s £6.4m share of the anticipated 2020-21 Council Tax deficit be approved, along with the Council’s ability to repay this across three future years; also that the latest Government announcement is to repay 75% of this. Also that the Police and Fire share of the deficit (as set out in 7.2 to Document “CY”) is noted.
(4) That the latest estimate of the gross shares of Business Rates income for 2021-22, be noted (Appendix C, line w, x & y to Document “CY”). These are set out below:
50% is paid to Central Government - £62.5m
1% is paid to the West Yorkshire Fire Authority - £1.3m
49% is retained by the Council - £63.7m
(5) That authority be delegated to the Section 151 officer in consultation with the Leader of the Council to make any necessary amendments to the Business Rates estimate arising from the completion of the 2021-22 NDR1 form and to include the amended figures in the 2021-22 Budget papers for Council.
ACTION: Director of Finance
Overview and Scrutiny Committee: Corporate
(James Hopwood - 01274) 432882)
Publication date: 06/01/2021
Date of decision: 05/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 05/01/2021 - Executive