Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the Summary of Consultation Responses attached as Appendix 1 to Document “BZ” and its conclusions be endorsed.
(2) That the Summary of Consultation Responses and representations set out in Appendix 1 to Document “BZ” be agreed in principle to being submitted to the Secretary of State by 11 September 2020, and to jointly delegate authority to the Managing Director of the Combined Authority, in consultation with the Leader and Chief Executive of each Constituent Council and the Chair of the Combined Authority, to finalise and submit these documents.
(3) That the updated timetable set out in Appendix 2 to Document “BZ” and the next steps be noted which are subject to the consent being given by the Constituent Councils and Combined Authority, to the draft Order in November 2020 so that a mayoral combined authority model and associated changes may be adopted and implemented by May 2021, as set out in the Deal.
(4) That Document “BZ” and the associated appendices be referred to Council to consider, provide any comments and endorse the Executive decisions taken.
(5) That this decision is exempt from call-in on the grounds of urgency, for the reasons set out in paragraph 6.1 to Document “BZ”.
ACTION: Chief Executive
Overview & Scrutiny Committee: Corporate
(Phil Witcherley – 01274 431241)
Publication date: 09/09/2020
Date of decision: 08/09/2020
Decided at meeting: 08/09/2020 - Executive