Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) To note and endorse the Deal agreed and attached as Appendix 1 to Document “BG”.
(2) To agree that City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council should be party, together with the four other Constituent Councils of Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds and Wakefield and with the Combined Authority to a review of the Combined Authority’s constitutional arrangements and of the functions carried out by the Combined Authority over the Combined Authority’s area, as set out in paragraph 2 of this report and pursuant to S111 of the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009.
(3) That the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Chief Executive of the other Constituent Councils and the Managing Director of the Combined Authority, carry out the Review on behalf of each Constituent Council and the Combined Authority.
(4) That the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Chief Executive of the other Constituent Councils and the Managing Director of the Combined Authority prepare a draft Scheme for consideration by the Constituent Councils and the Combined Authority, subject to the outcome of the Review.
(5) To note the provisional timetable set out in Appendix 4 to this report and the next steps including, if appropriate, the submission of a summary of the consultation to the Secretary of State by the end of July 2020, so that a mayoral combined authority model and associated changes may be adopted and implemented by May 2021, as set out in the Deal.
(6) That the Chief Executive in consultation with the Leader take any necessary steps/decisions in the exceptional circumstances where there is disruption/cancellation of decision making Executive/Council meetings up until but not including the decision to give required consent to an Order (step 5 of para 3.4.4 to Document “BG”).
Publication date: 24/03/2020
Date of decision: 24/03/2020
Decided at meeting: 24/03/2020 - Executive