Decision Maker: Governance and Audit Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the establishment of a new Local Council in the Shipley area be supported – as a consequence of meeting the tests in the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007, as outlined in paragraph 3.4 of Document “V”.
(2) That with no significant opinion against a smaller or larger boundary, the Local Council follow the boundary as proposed and set out in the Community Governance Review Terms of Reference.
(3) That the new Local Council being named Shipley Town Council, as set out in the petition received in May 2019 be supported.
(4) That the Local Council area being split into wards as outlined at paragraph 3.17 of Document “V”, along with the suggested numbers of local councillors per Local Council ward be supported.
(5) That it be noted that it is a requirement of the 2007 Act that the Council must make available a document setting out the reasons for the decisions it has taken at the conclusion of a Community Governance Review and to publicise those reasons.
(6) That final approval for the establishment of a new Local Council in the Shipley area be referred to Council at its meeting on 14 January 2020.
Action: City Solicitor
(Damian Fisher – 01274 437062)
Publication date: 29/11/2019
Date of decision: 28/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 28/11/2019 - Governance and Audit Committee