Decision Maker: Shipley Area Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the petitioners’ request for a formal pedestrian crossing and widening of a section of footway in Main Street adjacent to Menston Primary School remains on the list of scheme candidates to be considered by this Committee for possible inclusion within its future Safer Roads Programme.
(2) That highways officers approach Menston Parish Council to determine what, if any, financial contribution can be made by the Parish Council towards the cost of a zebra crossing and/or footway widening works on Main Street, Menston within the vicinity of Menston Primary School.
(3) Where a financial contribution is offered by Menston Parish Council, that the financial sum constitute a legal and binding contract on the part of the Parish Council.
(4) That highway officers investigate the possibility of funding being made available for the provision of a zebra crossing and/or footway widening on Main Street, Menston, in the form of existing or potential Section 106 agreements, and/or available Community Infra-structure Levy (CIL) monies.
(5) That the lead petitioner be informed accordingly.
ACTION: Strategic Director, Place
Publication date: 08/11/2019
Date of decision: 06/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 06/11/2019 - Shipley Area Committee