Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Regeneration and Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee –
Tuesday, 9 July 2019
(1) That it be recommended to the Executive that it approves
and adopts the findings and recommendations contained within
the Single Use Plastics Scrutiny Review Report.
(2) That it be recommended to Council that it considers the
findings and recommendations contained within the Single Use
Plastics Scrutiny Review Report and that it also appoints a Single
Use Plastics Members Champion.
ACTION: Overview Scrutiny Lead
In receiving the above recommendation the Executive resolved:
(1) That Executive welcomes the recommendations of the Single Use
Plastics Scrutiny Review Report. It approves the appointment of
Councillor Jenkins as Member Champion against Single
Use Plastics, requests the Councillor in consultation with the
the Portfolio Holder and Executive Assistant to consider the viability
of the adoption of the Review recommendations (1, 3 - 6, 8 -13) in
conjunction with the Council’s Climate Change Framework for Action and
report back to the Executive.
(2) That Recommendation 7 of the Scrutiny Review Report be approved, namely that Bradford Council’s Chief Executive and Leader of the Council
write to the Local Government Association, requesting that they
lobby the packaging industry to develop alternatives to plastic
2.Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee - Wednesday, 10 July 2019
(1) That this Committee requests the Executive to separate Libraries and Museums from Markets in relation to the total number of visits to
cultural attractions, in readiness for the mid year performance
(2) That this Committee requests that a report be presented to this Committee which relates to the Evaluation of the HR Plus Contract.
ACTION: Head of Policy and Performance (Resolution 1)
Director of Human Resources (Resolution 2)
In receiving the above recommendation it was resolved that the Executive is minded to agree to the suggestion set out in Recommendation 1.
3. COUNCIL MEETING – 16 JULY 2019
PETITION RE Pedestrianisation of Market Street
The Council, at its meeting on Tuesday 16 July 2019 received a petition in respect of pedestrianisation of Market Street and referred the petition to the Executive.
In receiving the above recommendation it was resolved that the Executive notes receipt of the petition and that a report be presented to the November meeting of the Executive.
Publication date: 11/09/2019
Date of decision: 10/09/2019
Decided at meeting: 10/09/2019 - Executive