Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the recommendation made by the Strategic Director Place to remove Northcliffe Park from the list of potential sites for a new crematorium be approved
(2) That the Strategic Director Place be instructed to communicate the decision made for removal of Northcliffe Park from the list of proposed sites for a new crematorium to the Regulatory and Appeals Committee of the Council sitting as Corporate Trustees.
(3) That the Strategic Director Corporate Services be instructed to commence land acquisition negotiations for the two sites specified within Not for Publication Appendix 2 of Document “AL” up to the option to buy stage
(4) That the procurement of external specialist resources to complete the feasibility stage for the remaining 4 identified sites and subject to further approval, deliver progress to RIBA stage 3 for the design and build of two new crematoria be noted and welcomed.
(5) That the Strategic Director Place be instructed to submit a report recommending the two sites to be approved for the construction of new crematoria and the estimated costs at the earliest opportunity.
(6) That the signing of the revised lease with Bradford Council for Mosques for the Muslim burial area at Scholemoor cemetery be noted and welcomed.
(7) That the adoption of the revised Memorial Policy be noted and welcomed.
Regeneration and Environment Overview & Scrutiny Committee
ACTION: Strategic Director of Place
Publication date: 09/01/2019
Date of decision: 08/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 08/01/2019 - Executive