Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the number of band D equivalent properties estimated by the Council as the Council Tax Base for 2019-20 for the whole of the Bradford Metropolitan District is 142,200 as set out in Appendix A of Document “AF”.
(2) The Council Tax Base for 2019-20 for each Local Council is set out in Appendix B of Document “AF”.
(3) In 2019-20, Bradford will provide a grant of £0.161m to Local Councils as compensation for the cost of Council Tax Reduction.
(4) The amount provisionally estimated by the Council as the Business Rates income for 2019-20 as included on the Council’s NDR1 return (Appendix B1) is £130.5m:
(5) Of the total Business Rates income;-
24% is paid to Central Government - £31.4m
1% is paid to the West Yorkshire Fire Authority - £1.3m
74% is retained by the Council - £97.8m
A further cost of collection allowance is paid to the Council of £0.7m.
(6) That authority is delegated to the Section 151 Officer in consultation with the Leader of the Council to make any necessary amendments to the calculation of the Business Rates estimate arising from the completion of the 2019-20 NDR1 form received from the Government and to include the amended figures in the 2019-20 Budget papers for Council.
(7) That remaining unused amounts of the Council Tax and Business Rates earmarked reserves are held to smooth out taxation income for future years.
Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee
ACTON: Director of Finance
Publication date: 09/01/2019
Date of decision: 08/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 08/01/2019 - Executive