Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
That having considered all valid representations made by the parties to the hearing; valid written representations received during the statutory period, the published statement of licensing policy and relevant statutory guidance; the panel grants the application subject to the following conditions:
1. Hours of licensable activities:
Sunday to Wednesday 1100 to 2330
Thursday to Saturday 1100 to 0200
New Year’s Eve – from end of permitted hours to start of permitted hours on New Year’s Day.
Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, any day prior to a Bank Holiday, every Sunday prior to a Bank Holiday Monday: 1100 to 0200
2. All outward opening exit doors and all windows are to be kept closed when regulated entertainment is taking place, other than for normal access and egress.
3. Noise from amplified and non-amplified music, singing and speech arising from regulated entertainment at the premises shall not be at a level to cause disturbance at the nearest noise sensitive premises.
4. The Premises Licence Holder shall ensure that staff monitor, on a regular basis, noise emanating from the premises, from regulated entertainment, to ensure that neighbouring residents are not disturbed.
5. The disposal of waste bottles into externally located receptacles shall not take place between the hours of 2300 and 0700 hours on any day.
6. On Friday and Saturday a dispersal policy will be implemented to ensure the safe dispersal of customers at the end of the evening.
7. Staff shall be trained on the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003 when recruited and a staff training register to be implemented and made available for inspection on request.
8. No licensable activities shall take place at the premises unless or until a CCTV system (with satisfactory internal and external coverage) of a standard acceptable to and to the written satisfaction of West Yorkshire Police and the Licensing Authority has been installed at the premises. The approved CCTV shall be maintained in good working order and used at all times the premises remain open to the public for licensable activities. Any CCTV footage shall be kept for at least 28 days and be available to the Licensing Authority or a Responsible Authority on request.
9. Drug warning poster and fake ID warning poster to be displayed in a prominent position at all entrance points.
10. Any Security Industry Authority (SIA) contractor employed by the premises to be subject to prior approval by the Police.
Reason - It is considered that the above conditions are necessary in order to prevent crime and disorder at the premises; to deter and ameliorate any anti-social behaviour; and minimise noise disturbance to nearby residents.
(Melanie McGurk – 01274 431873)
Publication date: 29/11/2018
Date of decision: 29/11/2018
Decided at meeting: 29/11/2018 - Bradford District Licensing Panel